Bored of the color scheme of the vim editor. Changing involves a few steps as follows:
- Download the color scheme package.
- Extract it in your $Home/.vim folder.
- Now you have about 100 color schemes available for selection. Trying each one of them using :colorscheme colorscheme-name sounds time-consuming.
- Well, you can install another package Scroll Colors. Extract it in your $Home/.vim/plugins folder.
- Open your vim. Type :COLORSCROLL and you will be prompted to continue. Different color schemes will come in sequence when you navigate using arrows. You will get a preview of each color scheme. Look out at the name of the one that seems good to you.
- Open your vimrc file in admin mode. You can find it in your system at /etc/vim/vimrc.
- Add the line colorscheme greyhouse, say you want to use greyhouse scheme.
- Restart vim and enjoy your color scheme.